East Cottingwith Village Hall



East Cottingwith Village Hall

The hall was built in 1789 as a Quaker Meeting House and housed the village school from 1878 until 1969. It became the village hall in 1970.
It is situated in a quiet corner of East Cottingwith near the River Derwent and Pocklington Canal and overlooks the Lower Derwent Ings.
It is close to St Mary’s Church.


Information about the Hall

East Cottingwith Village Hall has recently been fully refurbished and provides a modern, inclusive community space for village residents and others; it has a fully equipped kitchen. The hall, and its walled garden, are fully accessible to those who may have restricted mobility or who use a wheelchair and it has accessible toilet and baby changing facilities. It is a suitable venue for a range of activities e.g. classes, meetings, shows, parties and weddings. For images of the refurbished Village Hall Click Here


Hall Hire Costs:

For those living within the East Cottingwith and Storwood Parish: £6 per hour

For those outside the parish: : £10 per hour


Hall equipment e.g. tables and chairs, may be hired separately and used off site. Please contact the general enquiries number below.



The hall has a 10m x 4m marquee available for hire which can be set up in the village hall garden or hired for use off site.

Marquee Hire costs:

£100 per day if hired with the village hall

£125 per day if used elsewhere

£150 per day if for commercial use

(Hire fees allow for the erection and dismantling of the marquee either side the hire dates)


Village Hall Trustees:


Sally Hobbs (Chair)

John Barlow (Treasurer)

Sue Bowers (Secretary)

Andrew Boothroyd

Tim Knott

Mhairi Morter



Andrew Boothroyd : 01759 319307

General Enquiries:

Sally Hobbs :01759 318113


Email: eastcottingwithvillagehall@gmail.com